Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Freedom

Frances got a great report from the cardiologist this morning!  They seemed extremely pleased with how fast she is recovering and loved hearing how much she is eating now.  They will continue to monitor a few little things at monthly visits, but I feel like I can breathe a big sigh of relief knowing that her little heart is mending just as it should.
Getting so big!
I went armed with my little notecard of questions and got the answers I wanted and needed to each one.  So with Frances' glowing report from the doctor, came a list of freedoms for us. First on my list was getting out of the house!  I just happened to have my Publix list with me at the doctor, so Frances and I left UAB and went straight to Publix (I'm pretty certain she was excited as I was).  I feel like a new person knowing I have the liberty to leave the house if I need/want to.  Of course, we will still be EXTRA careful about germs for the next while, and we won't be taking her anywhere with lots of people touching her.  In addition to the excitement of not being on house arrest, we also will be ditching the high calorie formula very soon and we have one less medicine dose during the day.
Worn out from playing
Up until now, we have had to try to keep Frances from rolling and squirming on her belly, which has led to quite a few battles between she and I the past few days.  She is now allowed to do whatever she wants!  We were instructed not to "make or encourage" her to do strenuous work that puts stress on her sternum, and I still can't figure out why the Dr looked at the therapist-mom when he said that????  Frances is loving being able to freely play on her belly!
Back in action!
And finally, I got approval for Frances to travel to Mississippi next weekend for Sage's baby shower!!!  Speaking of Sage, she is doing great.  She continues to entertain us with her hilarious blogging- check it out here.

I'll leave you with a video of Frances' newest trick:

No comments:

Post a Comment